Monday, October 10, 2005

Good News!!

I saved a bunch of money on car insurance by switching to Geiko!!

Just kidding...But I do have good news though.

I was helping check tickets at the Purdue vs. Iowa game on Saturday and I accidentally left my cell phone in the jacket that I was wearing. Luckily, the guy called me back when I called my cell phone so I have it back now. I was so afraid that my parent's would kill me if I lost the cell phone!

Another good thing is now I have been paid...I just need to pick up my check. For some reason, I was skipped over when they ran the paychecks. I went to the payroll office and they had my timecard and everything so I just blame this on a clerical error. Everything has been fixed so there are no more problems...hopefully.

And now for something Kendo related. I had a dream last night that I got a cotton Hakama (although it felt more like very soft wool). I was so happy cause I really want one, but I think that I can get more time out of what I have now. But to my dissappointment, I woke up to the reality of only having a tetron one. Well, I can always just buy one when I get the money. I want to treat myself to something special once I reach ikkyu. So it shall be between a new uwagi/hakama set or a Carbon fiber shinai...any suggestions?

1 comments:

Reggie said...

Lucky week huh?
But anyway, just want to stop by and check your blog. Its been a while since I visited your site.

And for treating yourself? Thats a hard choice to make. A cotton hakama would be great. I also wanted one as well, but I have to settle for a polyester/cotton mix hakama. I would probably get one someday, but for now, Im saving money for a bogu. Im currently using a dojo's boigu, and hopefully get one of my own. And for the carbon shinai? It is also a great investment. Due to its durability, you wouldnt have to worry about the cost of a new shinai every now often. I think making either choice wouldnt hurt. You could also either buy one, then buy the other.

Post a Comment

 
Powered by Blogger