Monday, June 05, 2006

Training with GKA

It's been a week since I started with the Georgia Kendo Alliance. I must say, I am quite happy as it has breathed new life into Kendo for me. I have been training at the same dojo with the same people going over the same routine with the occasional tournament thrown in for good measure. Since I'm here, I'm going over new exercises with new people.

Doing the former isn't bad at all. But sometimes, when your Kendo feels stagnant, you just gotta go for new experiences.

After proving myslef in the beginner's practice, I was allowed to go into the advanced practices and it looks like that is where I will stay. There are a few things that I have to get used to though since things are done a little differently there like name conventions and differences in exercises. So far, I have done kirikaeshi with dou and learned tsuki for the first time.

I really hope that my Kendo reaches new heights because of this. New life has been put into this lovely activity and this should only make me go further in my pursuit to get better.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks nice! Awesome content. Good job guys.
»

Post a Comment

 
Powered by Blogger