Thursday, September 01, 2005

First Kendo Practice of the Year + Katrina

I am pretty sure that most of you have heard by now, but Hurricane Katrina has devistated the Gulf Coast to the likes of no other in the history of this country. Unfortunately, I have family that have been involved with this. The good news is that most of my family made it out before the storm. Some are staying with my parents in Georgia and others are staying in Houston with my sister as well as the astrodome.

This news really sucks cause it's tough to realize that something that your memories are being taken over by the water that has been flooding the city. All we know is that New Orleans will never be the same again.

This also brings me to another point, a lot of people have been saying that they don't feel sorry for those that live in a disaster-prone area. Well, let me say this. Some people don't have a choice where they live. Whether it's money problems, job commitments, or family concerns, people have a reason to be there. If it was so easy to up and move, many people would be moving across the country every day.

On a lighter note, I start Kendo again today! I can't wait to start up again and once again resume training. I hope to redevelop my Kendo soon cause I know I am very rusty!

Sorry I had to make it short, but I am a little short on time. I had plans to take care of all these things, but sometimes, things take longer than expected.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Powered by Blogger